Asset and Warehouse Stock Audit with Imagery
A producer of intermediate petrochemicals industry, the world’s largest producer of PET resins, and a manufacturer of wool yarns, required the support of RGIS. Headquartered in Bangkok, Thailand, the company has operating sites in 35 countries on six continents – in Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe, North America and South America. Its products include PET bottles, polyester fibres and yarns, wool yarns, and the polyester precursors ethylene oxide and terephthalic acid.
The petrochemical company needed to record all production facilities and warehouse stock so that the central SAP system could have both fixed asset data and current warehouse stock data in one place.
The company required RGIS to provide the following:
- Complete a count of all parts in the warehouse
- Record data of all production facilities
- Identify variances to expected stock levels
- Take photographs of fixed assets and stock in warehouse
- Produce accurate reports to import all the data into the central SAP system
The petrochemical company partnered with RGIS to complete the asset and warehouse inventory project, and RGIS provided the following:
- Before the inventory began, extensive safety briefings are given by the customer to RGIS teams, as some production areas were difficult to access and some equipment was subject to high temperatures. Helmets, safety shoes, protective goggles and high-visibility waistcoats were part of the teams’ equipment.
- Scheduled a team of five experienced RGIS auditors to count the warehouse
- The stock levels and the production facilities are recorded numerically and photographically by RGIS using an app provided by the customer’s asset management company
The petrochemical company found by outsourcing the asset and warehouse inventory project to RGIS, the following results were achieved:
- RGIS teams accurately counted 9,000 items in various packaging
- RGIS recommended replacing some of the tags on some of the production facilities for easier tracking
- Took photographs and logged the data for 500 production units
- 100% of stock items were counted and recorded within the warehouse
- 98% accuracy was achieved
- The accurate data collected by the RGIS teams was sent to the asset management company’s system, which in turn successfully transmitted the data directly to the customer’s central SAP system