Inventory of Logistic Warehouse to Update Stock Levels
A French multinational retailer of personal care and beauty products required the support of RGIS. The retailer features nearly 3,000 brands, along with its own private label. The retailer offers beauty products including cosmetics, skincare, body, fragrance, nail colour, beauty tools, body lotions and haircare. The beauty retailer operates approximately 1,900 stores in 29 countries worldwide, with 170+ stores in Italy.
The beauty retailer needed to perform an inventory of the main logistic warehouse to update current stock quantities to compare to the external logistic company’s stock numbers.
The customer required RGIS to provide the following:
- Complete a full stock count of the logistic warehouse
- No disruption to business
- Accurate reporting to be provided for comparison purposes
The beauty retailer partnered with RGIS to complete the full logistics warehouse inventory project, and RGIS provided the following:
- Scheduled a team of 57 experienced RGIS auditors
- Organised two 8-hour shifts to complete the count during five consecutive week days
- Dedicated teams were allocated for picking areas and higher stock areas
The beauty retailer found by outsourcing the full logistics warehouse inventory project to RGIS, the following results were achieved:
- Accurately counted 4,131,486 items in 32,168 locations
- The customer had the opportunity to show their external logistic partner how inaccurate the starting stock on hand had been
- All stock on hand quantities were accurately updated on the customer’s system