Pharmacy Chain Rebranding Project
A national retail pharmacy chain with more than 1,500 stores, around 17,000 staff and dispenses over 150 million prescription items annually, required the support of RGIS. The pharmacy teams give customers access to a range of healthcare services that includes screening for Type 2 diabetes, asthma support, pain management, blood pressure checks and a stop smoking service.
The national retail pharmacy chain acquired a competitor with 488 locations and needed resources to convert the pharmacies over to the new brand.
The national retail pharmacy chain required RGIS to provide the following:
A team of experienced merchandisers able to:
- Build fixtures
- Move fixtures
- Tag fixtures
- Install signage
- The ability to cover various locations across the country
- In order to remain profitable, the deadline for the store conversions was six months
- Required the identification of 30% of the acquired merchandise which were non-compliant products
The national retail pharmacy chain partnered with RGIS to complete the rebranding store conversion project, and RGIS provided the following:
- RGIS scheduled 33 experienced teams including 50 Merchandising Managers and 110 Merchandising Specialists
- Training began immediately for supervisors and merchandising specialists
- The training focused on the customer’s floor plan and tagging standards
- Teams were mobilised in a timely fashion, and the conversions began
- RGIS managed and supported the rebranding store conversions
The national retail pharmacy chain found by outsourcing the rebranding store conversion project to RGIS, the following results were achieved:
- RGIS auditors had previously worked with the customer, performing pharmacy and wall-to-wall inventories, so were aware of the specific retail environments
- RGIS provided a total of 2,100 experienced merchandisers for the project
- RGIS managed 306 store conversions and supported 182 more conversions during the project
- Resource allocation adjustments were made immediately due to daily reporting.
- This attention to detail allowed the project to be completed on time and within budget