Gaming Store and Retail Warehouse Inventory Count
A retail store owned and run by the official video game originally opened in Tokyo in 1998, and expanded into opening additional stores in Osaka, Nagoya, Fukuoka, Yokohama, Sapporo, Sendai (Tohoku Center), Funabashi (Tokyo Bay Center), Hiroshima, Kyoto, Tokyo Skytree Town, and Nihonbashi (Tokyo DX Center), Shibuya, and Osaka DX. There is only one store outside of Japan today, which is located in Singapore. There are also many smaller official shops scattered throughout Japan, typically in airports but in some other locations as well. There is also an official online shop.
The video game official store needed a solution to provide experienced stocktakers that could count both store and warehouse to ensure reporting consistency.
- The video game official store required RGIS to provide the following:
- RGIS auditors with both store and warehouse experience
- One store and one 3PL warehouse to be counted
- Both warehouse and store to be counted with reporting consistency
- No disruption to business, staff or customers
The video game official store partnered with RGIS to complete the store and warehouse inventory count, and provided the following:
- Scheduled a team of 15 experienced RGIS auditors to count the store
- Scheduled a team of 11 experienced RGIS auditors to count the warehouse
- Ensured same reporting procedure was in place for both the store and warehouse
The video game official store found by outsourcing the store and warehouse inventory count to RGIS, the following results were achieved:
- Both warehouse and store counts were completed over two separate days
- Saved money compared to previous supplier
- Both store and warehouse were counted accurately