Third Party Logistics Warehouse Count of Menswear Retailer
A business of a leading parcel, freight and logistics company required the support of RGIS. The company is an unrivalled national delivery network, shipping parcels to over 190+ countries with third party logistics (3PL) warehouses in most capital cities.
The 3PL provider needed a solution to count a menswear retailer stock items located within the 3PL warehouse, to enable the stock on hand file to be updated.
The 3PL provider required RGIS to provide the following:
- A complete stock count for a clothing retailer that the customer provided 3PL services to
- Identify variances to stock on hand file
- Check location and reporting of stock items
The 3PL provider partnered with RGIS to complete the stock on hand file accuracy project, and RGIS provided the following:
- Scheduled a total of 41 experienced RGIS auditors over three days
- 12 to 15 RGIS auditors were required per day
- Counted every pallet and stock item allocated to the clothing retailer
The 3PL provider found by outsourcing the stock on hand file accuracy project to RGIS, the following results were achieved:
- A total of 4,800 SKUs and 66,143 Units counted
- Variance quantity = -1,483 units (2.1%)
- Errors were identified where items had been physically located in the wrong bins and found items mixed in with other brands
- The 3PL provider’s system was updated successfully following the warehouse stock count