Third Party Distribution Centre Stock Count for Better Stock Control
A manufacturer and distributor of fishing accessories since 1936 required the support of RGIS. The manufacturer’s lures, knives, tools and accessories are trusted by fishermen in over 140 countries worldwide.
The fishing accessory manufacturer needed a solution to provide an accurate count of stock held within a third party logistics (3PL) warehouse, to give better stock control and monitoring of the stock.
The manufacturer required RGIS to provide the following:
- Count all the stock held by the 3PL
- To update stock on hand file which was inaccurate
- Identify variances between stock on hand file and stock counted
- Types of items to be counted included fishing reels, hooks, swivels and sinkers etc.
The fishing accessory manufacturer partnered with RGIS to complete the 3PL stock warehouse count project, and provided the following:
- Scheduled a team of 30 experienced RGIS auditors for three days
- Bulk count was completed for the sealed boxes counted by using the quantity on the box
- Open boxes had the individual items counted
- Checked counted quantity against expected quantity to give a variance number
The fishing accessory manufacturer found by outsourcing the 3PL stock warehouse count project to RGIS, the following results were achieved:
- Variance in units decreased from 50,141 to 6,768 at the end of the project
- A total of 509,453 units counted
- With a total of 5,392 SKUs and 1,623 bin locations counted
- A significant improvement in expected stock on hand accuracy